If both you and people you don’t know use your project seriously, then use a serious version. Luckily, the decision on whether to use CalVer for that version is easier than ever:
- Does your project feature a large or constantly-changing scope?
- Is your project time-sensitive in any way? Do other external changes drive new project releases?
- Business requirements, such as Ubuntu‘s focus on support schedules.
- Security updates, such as certifi‘s need to update certificates.
- Political shifts, such as pytz‘s handling of timezone changes.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, CalVer’s semantics make it a strong choice for your project.”
” When I started tinkering with JS, I thought of it as slow; but web developers are far more obsessive about speed than any other high-level, dynamically typed language I’ve seen.”