Alle Texte von Project Gutenberg in Versionskontrolle und mehr…
Ein Post auf go-to-hellman gibt einen Eindruck vom Projektstatus
“So here’s what’s been done:
- Almost 57,000 texts from Project Gutenberg have been loaded into Github repositories.
- EPUB, PDF, and Kindle Ebooks have been rebuilt and added to releases for all but about 100 of these.
- Github webhooks trigger dockerized ebook building machines running on AWS Elastic Beanstock every time a git repo is tagged.
- Toolchains for asciidoc, HTML and plain text source files are running on the ebook builders.
- A website at https://www.gitenberg.org/ uses the webhooks to index and link to all of the ebooks.
- www.gitenberg.org presents links to Github, Project Gutenberg, Librivox, and Standard Ebooks.
- Cover images are supplied for every ebook.
- Human-readable metadata files are available for every ebook
- Syndication feeds for these books are made available in ONIX, MARC and OPDS via Unglue.it.”